Saturday, November 12, 2011

Farewell Fargo

Today I had to say goodbye to my Fargo. When I first met him at the humane society in 2001, I had no intention on adding a 3rd dog to my home. Fargo was very shy. I kept going back to visit him and then realized that he was meant to be a member of my home. This is the first picture I took of him:
I don't know much about Fargo's back story, but I was told that he was found on a farm. The family that found him wanted to keep him because he was very gentle with their little boy. But Fargo also liked picking up chickens on the farm and carry them around. That's something that they weren't thrilled with, so he ended up at the humane society with the name of Blaze. I renamed him Fargo once I'd decided to adopt him.

Fargo and I went to dog school together and had a lot of fun. We were in a very rainy parade together:
We also went to a costume party at the dog school:
Ultimately Fargo got his Canine Good Citizen certificate. He didn't become a certified therapy dog because he decided that he'd rather have a piece of hotdog on the floor than pass the test. He always had a joy of life and a good sense of humor.
I will always miss my cowboy dog who always would sit so very close to me, whichever chair I happened to be using.
I love you very much, Fargo!

16 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I have no doubts about one furry special PAWty in the RED sekhtion of North of The Rainbow Bridge -

I just know that Kodiak from The Thundering Herd was the furry furst furiend to greet Fargo -

Just sayin'

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra and Phyll

Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

Run with the wind good citizen Fargo.

Jack & Moo said...

What a GOOD BOY! We'll watch for him zooming across the sky in his silver harness tonight... gosdpeed, Fargo.

sad woos,
jack & moo

Khady Lynn said...

He was met at the Bridge with so many friends and is now running free and fast.

They leave such a hole in our hearts when we have to let them go. But, we do it because of our great love for them.

Godspeed sweet Fargo. And, many hugs to your momma.

Shmoo said...

Woo, sad woo

Meeshka

D.K. Wall said...

Always seemed that Kodiak and Fargo should be friends and now they are hanging out together. Watching a red sky sunset as I type this. So that must be their sign.

How Sam Sees It said...

We are so sorry. We wish we had known him, but we know what it is to lose something we love.

Sam

ThePainterPack said...

So sorry for your loss. We have a red-head husky at the bridge also. I'm sure all those reds are having a blast.

Painter Pack

Biloxi and Siber-sibs said...

Woo kin dance wid da wind and among dem bewooootiful stars.
Maw and I and my sibs are so furry sad to see woo has gone to the Bridge.
We send sum purty thougts to your maw and family here on da ground..

Godspeed Fargo.
Biloxi, Maw and siber sibs

Charlie said...

Godspeed, Fargo!
- Charlie

Pippa said...

So sorry to read about him going to the Bridge. What a handsome dog he was too.

Pippa and Katherine

Suka said...

Dear Fargo's Family,

I read about the loss of your beautiful boy Fargo on Khyra's blog. Our deepest heartfelt sympathy for your loss. What a stunning beauty, and such an expressive face. The photo of him behind the chair is precious. Lovely tribute you wrote. You are in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Suka and K

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We read about Fargo on Khyra's blog and just wanted to stop by and pay our respects. What a beautiful (and clearly lovely) boy he was!

The Poupounette Gang

Anonymous said...

what a lovely face and mask on him. i'm so sorry that he's gone but he had one lovely life!

Maggie Mae and Max said...

Hello Everbuddy,

Khyra told us 'bouts da loss of your sweet Fargo and we are here to say how sorry we are. We are sending you lots of boxer puppy prayers and luv.

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae and Max

Sheila and Bob said...

Gods Speed Fargo, run free, a young dog once again.


Sheila & Bob